Value for Money
1Value for Money
NRMA is a scam organisation, not insurance company
I made a review previously, and this is more of a follow-up. We have been with NRMA home insurance for about a decade, and with so many other policies with them. A massive branch fell onto our house, damaging fence, gate, electricity line, car, etc. We contacted NRMA regarding the incident and they said that they will get someone to fix our house ASAP.
The assessors, both for car and house, are no more than scam artists, and I am not joking about this. If they can help it, they will say that the damages are not from the incident and thus not covered.
- Letterbox destroyed by branch? Not covered because it's still there (no, it's completely destroyed).
- Gate hinge mis-aligned due to branch hitting it? Not covered because there's rust so it's normal wear-and-tear.
- Car scratched and dented due to branch? Not covered because these scratches look like it's not done by a branch (It was done by SES dragging the branches away from the car).
- No photos of the specific damages? Not covered because there's no evidence of it (SES erected a 15m-barrier around my house because there's about 6 guys with chainsaws running around, cutting the branch as quickly as they can).
- You have photographic evidence? Not covered because it doesn't show the damages/the photograph is confusing and not clear/etc.
They rely on you for not having enough patience and time to deal with them. It has now been about 2 months and all they've done is "assess" the damages and forget to report back to NRMA HQ. 2 months just to fix about 10 pickets, paint them, replace letterbox and realign the gate? My 15-year-old self could have done it in a day or two with the help of a mate. We will be switching to another company after this is over.
If you're thinking of switching to NRMA, don't. If you're with NRMA, switch ASAP before you get the run-around from them. They don't care about customer loyalty at all.
"We have assessed the damages, and so-and-so damage is not due to the incident, but normal wear-and-tear/another unclaimed incident/etc." seem to be their company motto because we keep hearing it.
1/5 stars because 0/5 is not an option. Read the other reviews and you'll get a clear picture of what kind of organisation NRMA is.
I'd be happy to talk to anyone about my experiences with NRMA. Send me email on [email address removed for privacy].
Did you like or dislike this review?
- Awesome 6
- Good 1
- Average 4
- Bad 3
- Terrible 5
Discussed today I have called NRMA to cancel my policies and all Association due to failure to provid...
Absolutely appalling service. They refused a valid claim and try to support it with lies. Off to th...
I made a review previously, and this is more of a follow-up. We have been with NRMA home insurance fo...