Value for Money
7Value for Money
Woolworths Car Insurance - DO NOT BUY!
Do not buy! My 81 year old father just had the worst claims experience. Some things that they did:
1. Agreed value well below 'market value' - check this before renewing (as the agreed value fell materially after the first year of cover)
2. My father had an accident that was NOT his fault and the car was written off - and as a result Woolworths DID not refund the unused part of his comprehensive insurance (11 months worth!)
3. Woolworths also, POCKETED the refunded (unused) CTP and Registration money! ie, they took our refund!
4. Claim did not take 4-5 days to process, but over 3 weeks to pay out.
5. Most of the information initially provided during the first claim interview, was not recorded eg. they 'lost' the car, despite us initially giving them all information (address and phone numbers) of the Towing company.
Overall a terrible experience, where my pensioner parents were blatantly ripped off and did not get the just claim amount, despite an accident that was not their fault.