Value for Money
1Value for Money
NIB Don't Pay, they don't even respond to claims
- Claim for a cancelled trip due to serious injury submitted 12 Dec 2022 with medical records.
- Claim number provided by NIB on 21 December 2022.
- Follow up email sent to NIB on 30 December 2022 asking if the claim had been accepted, whether they required any further information and when it will be paid. No response from NIB.
- Emailed NIB again on 17 January 2023 requesting a response, and requesting the claim be paid. No response from NIB.
- Raised a complaint with NIB on 25 January 2023. No response to date (13 February 2023)
Avoid NIB travel insurance at all costs.
This is in comparison to my bike insurance with Velosure for the same incident. I provided them all the information they kept me updated on the status each week, approved the claim and paid out in January.