Storm and hail damage advice
Has your car suffered damage from hail or storm?
Did you know repair bills from hail damage can be as high as $5,000, and that cars are regularly written-off due to storm damage?
Comprehensive car insurance will cover your car for any damage from storms, hail, flood, fire and more.
Most comprehensive policies will include windscreen damage within the policy benefits, but some may require an excess to be paid.
Unfortunately repairing your car after a storm is not always a quick fix. Also if there’s high demand on car mechanics in your area due to a recent storm then you might find you’re off the roads from longer than expected.
Don’t let a bit of rain upset your routine and be prepared to weather the storm!
What to do:
- Do you have a garage? Use it.
- If not, do your neighbours or friends have a covered space you can use?
- Could you keep your car in a sheltered car park until the storm is over?
- If you don’t have access to a garage buy a cover for your car, there are ones that are specifically designed to prevent hail damage.
What not to do:
- It’s a good idea to park your car under shelter, but not such a good idea under a tree where branches could fall on your car causing even more damage.
- If you find yourself on the roads when the storm hits don’t continue to drive, you should try to pull over. And if you can’t, slow down and put your lights on.
- Don’t drive through large puddles on roads where a river has burst its banks - you never know how deep it might be.
- Don’t park in your driveway if you think it might flood, as you might not be able to get your car out.
Click here to see more benefits of comprehensive car insurance.
Highly recommendedCompare over 50’s car insurance
Insurance companies use many different factors to calculate your premiums and your age is just one of them.
Highly recommendedYoung drivers: get cheap car insurance
Irrelevant of how well you drive if you are under 25 your premiums are likely to be expensive. Here's 6 tips to help young drivers reduce their premiums.... Read more.
Highly recommendedClassic car insurance - cover for cars with vintage
Is your car older than 15 years ? There's no need to blow a gasket; with classic car insurance you can relax knowing your pride and joy is safely insured.... Read more.
Highly recommendedHow is car insurance calculated?
Insurers can’t tell if you’re a safe or reckless driver without any previous driving history, so they base their quotes on statistical data from all their customers, and work out the ris...... Read more.
Highly recommendedCheap car insurance: top tips to help you save!
Whether you’re looking for a new policy or thinking of renewing an existing one, using our comparison can save you time and money.
Highly recommendedCar insurance FAQs
We know that your policy is confusing, that’s why we’ve provided you with a few frequently asked questions to help you make the right decision when it comes to buying your cover.... Read more.
Highly recommendedLeast and most expensive cars to insure in Australia
Did you know that premiums vary dramatically based on the car you choose to buy? The value of your car, safety ratings and repair costs are the main influencers to pay attention to.Here’s our ...... Read more.
Highly recommendedCar insurance: Agreed value or market value?
When you buy your policy you’re going to need to decide whether to insure your car for an agreed value or market value.... Read more.
Highly recommendedCTP Car Insurance 101
Compulsory third party insurance (CTP) or greenslip as it’s named in NSW is compulsory in Australia. Your vehicle cannot be registered or legally driven on the roads without it - and you&rsquo...... Read more.
Highly recommendedCar insurance checklist
Follow our checklist so you can apply for car insurance quickly and easily.... Read more.
Highly recommended7 secrets to successful car insurance claims
Accidents happen every day. Perhaps you were avoiding the neighbour’s cat and drove into a tree? Or that lamp post was closer than you thought? When your cars off the road there’s all th...... Read more.